A Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
State Theatre - Hard Hat Tour
Renovation of the State Theatre in Ann Arbor is commencing, with a plan to update and modernize the facility. This presents an opportunity for the AIA Huron Valley Chapter to have a hard hat tour of the "Before" condition of the theater, with remediation completed, but before other significant has begun. We then plan to have a followup "After" tour next year, when the construction work is much further along.
Thanks to O'Neal Construction for facilitating this opportunity.
To enable the State Theatre to better serve the community and recapture its Art Deco magic, the renovation project will:
• Install a full-sized elevator, with stops at each level of lobbies and theaters
• Realign theaters with comfortable seating and increased leg room
• Restore and refresh renowned architect C. Howard Crane’s beautiful Art Deco design of the façade, entrance, lobby and restrooms
• Add new ADA features for mobility-impaired, hearing-impaired and vision-impaired citizens
• Install new heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical and safety systems
• Update movie projection and sound systems
Location: State Theatre, 233 State Street, Ann Arbor MI