A Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
Construction Tour 700 N Fourth Ave
This is an urban infill project for a contemporary addition to an existing 100+ year old residence on a near-downtown site.
Topics to be covered include:
* Site planning issues for urban infill and non-traditional development; turning a single-family lot into a "traditional duplex condominium"
* Construction issues for an addition to a 100yr+ house
* Site design issues for accommodating closely situated trees
* Use of new construction materials including screw piles and Warmboard flooring
* Design of a building to maximize spaciousness and light while accommodating a limited building footprint